Norm's Farms, Elderberry Extract

Norm’s Farms Elderberry Products – Sustainable Superfoods

Norm’s Farms is at the forefront of one of the most sustainable and exciting new crops: the elderberry. This emerging superfruit is packed with Vitamins A, B and C, iron, potassium, and the powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanins. Only 10% of the elderberries consumed in the United States are actually grown here; the other 90% are grown in Europe. However, Norm’s Farms is working to change that by selling plants and making value-added elderberry products.

Elderberry Product

Norm’s Farms was started by a North Carolina family in honor of Norman Joe, a farmer and land preservation activist. The Norm’s Farms family believes in the sustainable production of healing foods made with natural, simple ingredients.

Norm's Farms, Elderberry Products

Photo: Norm’s Farms

Recently, I tried a number of Norm’s Farms elderberry products, and found them all to the excellent, including the jams, jellies, and preserves, in addition to the extract and wellness syrup. I appreciate that the focus of these products is on the all natural ingredients, and especially the elderberries, themselves, without much added sugar. The elderberry flavor is really highlighted in each one, and each product that Norm’s Farms produces has multiple uses, and can be used in sweet, as well as savory dishes, in addition to drinks.

Jams, Jellies, Preserves

Photo: Chritiques

When I first received the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam, I found myself eating it by the spoonful. Then I started adding it to my sliced apples, toast, and cheese, as well. I love the ginger and pecan in this jam, and also found it to be the perfect twist to a traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Elderberry Jam, Peanut Butter

Photo: Norm’s Farms

I now routinely add the Elderberry Extract to my hot tea. Elderberries contain higher levels of antioxidants than bluberries, sweet cherries, tart cherries, acai, noni, goji, pomegranate, and cranberries, so I have happily made it a daily staple. Norm’s Farms recommends one teaspoon a day, up to four times a day, for immune system support. It can also be used in this easy-to-make Elderberry Spritzer.

Norm's Farms, Elderberry Extract

Photo: Norm’s Farms

The Blueberry Elderberry Preserves are just as tasty, but a bit more sweet. These preserves feature North Carolina-grown blueberries in addition to the elderberries, for an additional punch of antioxidants. These preserves are perfect for yummy peanut butter thumbprint cookies!

Norm's Farms, Elderberry Preserves

Photo: Norm’s Farms

For something a little lighter than the Elderberry Preserves, the Elderberry Jelly is perfect. Made with pure elderberry juice, lightly sweetened with pure cane sugar, and finished with a touch of lemon juice, this jelly is brighter tasting, and I love the combination of the berries and lemon. The jelly is perfect for a healthy Greek yogurt parfait, or a delicious buttermilk cheesecake with elderberry glaze.

Norm's Farms Elderberry Jelly

Photo: Norm’s Farms

Additionally, now that flu season is upon us, I have begun taking Elderberry Syrup when I either feel a cold coming on or a sore throat. Elderberry Wellness Syrup is formulated to bring natural and soothing relief during the cold and flu season and whenever your throat needs some special attention. The syrup contains elderberry extract, in addition to honey, and is spiced by cloves and honey. It not only tastes delicious, but it is great for you.

Natural Flu and Cold Relief

Photo: Norm’s Farms

I have thouroughly enjoyed all of Norm’s Farms natural products, and I cannot wait to try them in even more recipes. I am also happy that I finally found a natural remedy to cold and flu season that does not contain ingredients that I cannot pronounce.

All of Norm’s Farms products are available via its website, or at a number of grocery and health food stores nationwide. Its website also offers many more wonderful recipes and uses for all of its elderberry products.

What do you plan to make with your Norm’s Farms elderberry products?

Norm’s Farms

Tastefully,

Christina

While I received products from Norm’s Farms to facilitate my review, all opinions expressed herein are my own.